Saturday, August 15, 2009

How to minimize side effects of blood donation?

When I used to donate blood, I would feel tired the nextday, but I had no other significant side effects. I alwaysdrink plenty both before and after donating, but the lasttwo times I've had a low-grade fever (chills/sweats) andsignificant joint stiffness for two days afterward.Are there other steps I can take to minimize thes sideeffects?
3 years ago
Additional Details
One of the answerers pointed to a website which states there are no sideeffects. So do I believe an expertor do I believe my "lying eyes" :-)I've gotten slightly sick both of thelast two times.I wonder if the beds in the bloodmobile could be a vector for the fluvirus? Maybe the puncture wound makesme more susceptible to infection?I will mention that the Red Crossperson who took my blood did mentionthat some people report "flu-like"symptoms after donation, so maybe I'mnot the only person to experience this.
3 years ago
Posted by Naz Blood Donors & Public Welfare Organization

No comments:

Post a Comment